Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Searching for a computerised bookkeeping or Pastel course you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised bookkeeping courses you can study by means of distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Accounting
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
Ways to study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is necessary that the Bookkeeper be able to complete the month-to-month accounting function on a computer system. Learners must show this skills in Microsoft Workplace and the Pastel Accounting Bundle.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Accountant Computerised Accountant, trainees should finish all of the following Subjects:
- Computerised Accounting: Office Computing
- Standard PC Principles
- Dealing with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Dealing with the Internet and Microsoft Web Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Working with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Accounting: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an educational licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence stands from the point you register this on your personal computer up until the end of that year, therefore a calender year licence. Please note that this software application MAY NOT be used for commercial purposes, hence you MAY NOT trade utilizing this instructional licence.
- Setup and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Developing and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V11
- Create and Keep General Journal Accounts
- Create and Preserve Supplier Accounts
- Develop and Preserve Client Accounts
- Produce and Maintain Stock Products
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Money Book, Petty Money and Journal Processing
- Month end Procedures
- Year End Procedures
How Will I be Evaluated?
When you have effectively finished the necessary projects prescribed by Skills Academy, you will need to effectively pass exams with the ICB. In order to write examinations with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to write their tests
- Send a Portfolio of Evidence to the ICB on the day of your examinations
You will also be issued by the ICB with a Declaration of Proficiency revealing the respective Unit Standards that you have completed. FASSET will award you with a System Requirement Certificate for any Unit Standards that you have completed.
As Matric College values education and appreciates our trainees, your conclusion award will be sent out to you by means of carrier so that you receive it as soon as possible and with no delays.
When can I Start?
You can start right now. If you study by means of distance learning you can sign up today.
Distance Learning Accounting Courses
Intrigued in recognized bookkeeping qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Take a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Accounting
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small company Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you could have studies ICB Courses through Unisa. This has since fallen away. However, there are my distance learning colleges you can study at that use ICB Courses. Just make sure you home study service provider is accredited. You should also consider studying accounting or an accounting course at Unisa or another University. These courses however will not be ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you should consider if you wish to study one of the ICB courses through distance learning. Or if you wish to study a bookkeeping or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the crucial concerns from prospective bookkeeping and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa studies with ICB research studies
- The difference in between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Course Charges
- Alternative Choices
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Bookkeeping Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Higher Certificate
- Unisa Accounting Higher Certificate
- ICB Bookkeeping Higher Certificates
- Short Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Program
- Office Administration Program
- Business Management Programme
- Entrepreneurship Programme
- Public Sector Accounting Programme
- Study Products and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Additional aid for Distance Learning Students
- Work Opportunities
- Course Fees
ICB Qualifications Scholastic Levels
ICB qualifications begin at NQF level 3, and goes up to NQF level 6. So you can enter among the ICB programmes even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you accomplish the highest level ICB credentials, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are simply one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Workplace Administration (NQF 6).
If you are going for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 qualification), then you will need to comply with their entrance requirements of a National Senior Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of teaching and a minimum of 60% in Mathematics.
TheEntryway Criteria for ICB Courses.
You can get in any one of the ICB programmes at the NQF 3 level. That indicates you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Requirement 7 school pass.
The ICB likewise recognise other training you have actually done, your work experience and your age, as aspects to think about when you make an application for entry.
You need to be able to comprehend the study product, which remains in English. The ICB courses start at a really fundamental level, so as to make them accessible to students from many different academic backgrounds.
Typically trainees who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have actually acquired some work experience. The majority of the ICB home study students are working adults, who have actually missed out on the chance to finish school, and go on to campus based education.
Choice Requirements for ICB Trainees.
The ICB has a number of distance learning course service providers. For these students there are five exam sessions in 2017. A number of these students are home study and part time study trainees. Usually trainees who fulfill the academic entryway criteria, will get a location with among the correspondence course companies.
Students who do not satisfy the scholastic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can give you entryway based upon your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB scholastic entry requirements are grade 9 (standard 7). The ICB programmes all begin at NQF level 3; suggesting that even if you never ever finished matric, you will still be able to manage the work.
ICB Application and Registration Procedure.
To begin studying among the ICB courses you need to take the following actions:
- Apply to one of the course companies.
- Complete your registration with the course service provider and pay your registration cost and more study costs.
- Register with the ICB for your examination – you can choose from five exam sessions in 2017.
- You can choose to write one examination at a time, or register for 3 or four exams.
- Pay your test costs.
- Get your portfolio of proof from the ICB when you have registered for the test.
- Complete your portfolio of proof before the test, and take it to the examination session with you.
- Hand in your exam and your portfolio of evidence at the end of your test.
You can get the ICB Application and exam files here: ICB Application.
ICB Trainee Number Limitations.
The ICB does not place a limit on trainee numbers. If you want to study on a campus, at a classroom supplier, then there will be a limit to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you choose distance learning, you will find a course service provider that has area for you. Do not wait till the last minute. Make certain you use early, to offer yourself the very best opportunity.
When you sign up with the ICB, you need to bear in mind the following different fees:
- Course company fees – costs you pay the college where you study.
- ICB student subscription yearly costs.
- Test charges.
Here is a connect to a detailed short article on all the fees you have to comprehend. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB offers 5 exam sessions for home study trainees in 2017.
You will discover the total list of ICB test dates and subjects here. ICB Assessment Dates 2017.
Trainee Success With the ICB.
The ICB recognizes and makes sure the quality of training supplied by their training suppliers. They set the exams, and they set the curriculum. They authorize the study products. And in this method the ICB makes sure that trainees get the very best chance possible.
The ICB also examines its recognized companies. And they even do surprise evaluations. With this vigorous work done to make sure quality education, and to ensure trainees get excellent support, study products, and qualified lecturers – pass rates are high.
In the world of work, you will discover that companies enjoy to pay for their staff to study with the ICB. Since they know that their personnel will learn genuine skills they can use in the work environment, and they know that the trainees have a great possibility of passing.
Students who have a hard time, can rewrite any examination, so you get more than as soon as opportunity to pass and finish your course.
Recognition for Your Studies.
On the ICB programme, you get acknowledgment for each level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to recognise your success. This implies that if you never finish the entire program, you still have a certificate for each level to place on your wall. Your college might likewise offer you a subject conclusion for every single subject you total.
The plan is that you don’t walk away empty-handed once you have actually passed a subject or a level in the program.
The Difference in Between Accounting Courses and Bookkeeping Courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the greater levels, the credentials names alter to “Accounting”.
So “accounting” is just the introductory levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are mainly hectic with the accurate recording of a business’s transactions and finances. As you get promoted, you might start working on the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Products and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your textbooks and study notes are consisted of in your course fees. The distance learning study products are authorized and recommended by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the right study products to pass your ICB examinations.
The ICB has numerous examination centres across South Africa. If you are not close sufficient to an exam centre, then you can request personal invigilation. Nevertheless, this is typically an expensive alternative.
Here is an in-depth description of the exam dates and processes: Skills Academy ICB Exam Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB exam centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Updated: November 17, 2021.