What are PMP jobs?
Project management positions that require a PMP credential frequently offer better remuneration than positions that do not insist on this (or an equivalent) credential. If you have a PMP certification, you are also more likely to be considered for positions that do not explicitly require a PMP credential, but are available to suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
What do PMP jobs entail?
Project Managers are responsible for leading and managing a particular project from start to finish. They oversee all the activities and processes that are involved in completing a project. This includes the following types of activities:
- Planning a project and setting specific objectives
- Drafting a budget and making sure that it is not exceeded
- Assembling and leading a project team
- Managing disputes and conflicts that may arise during the course of the project
- Keeping all the relevant stakeholders up to date by providing them with regular progress reports
- Acquiring the resources needed to implement the project
- Managing risk
- Making sure that the project is completed to the required standards
- Contracting with suppliers, subcontractors and other relevant parties
- Evaluating the project upon its completion
Aside from a PMP, what other skills or attributes are needed for project management positions?
A good project manager requires many different skills, abilities and characteristics. Useful skills and attributes for project managers include:
- Good communication and report-writing skills
- Leadership skills
- Conflict management and dispute resolution skills
- Ability to plan, organise, and manage time efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and to be flexible
- Ability to use a computer
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
Where to find PMP jobs
PMP jobs can be found all over the world, as the PMP certification is an internationally recognised credential. PMP jobs can also be found in different industries, as it is a credential that covers general project management knowledge and skills that are applicable to all types of projects.