An occupational health and safety officer manages health and safety systems in an organization. They identify hazards and assess the risk to the health and safety of employees. They also put the right systems in place o control and prevent these threats and give advice to management regarding health and safety risk prevention.
Who should register for this course?
If you have in interest in occupational health and safety and would like to become a health and safety officer in your workplace, you should register for this course. The ability to make the right decision n case of emergency of health risk is vital for the safety of your co-workers and business. A company’s act protects its employees from accidents in the workplace and it is the occupational health and safety officer’s duty to make sure that everything is done by the book and that the employees are in no threat.
Here are a few examples of the OHS Officer’s roles in the workplace:
- Promote health and safety in the workplace and create a safer working environment.
- Inspect workplace areas and equipment, making sure all is in good condition and pose no threat to its employees.
- Making sure that the workplace follows the right procedures according to the safety standards.
- Ensuring dangerous materials and equipment are stored away safely.
- Identifying and testing areas for toxic fumes and implementing the right control measures.
- Ensuring that the organization is aware of and complies with all legislation relating to the health and safety of employees.
- Record and report all accidents and injuries in the workplace
- Help with the investigation of accidents and unsafe working conditions.
- Provide training to managers and employees on health and safety practices and legislation.
- Help with the rehabilitation of employees who got injured at work, making sure they experience satisfactory return to work conditions.
- Coordinating emergency evacuation procedures and have first aid crews in place.
- Develop and set up health and safety systems and manuals for the employees and managers.
Occupational Healthy and Safety Course Details
Skills Academy offers the following of Occupational Health and Safety Courses:
Last updated: November 8th 2016